Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ho Hum, another lizard, another triple-digit temperature day

So far I haven't been met with any traditionally crazy New Orleans-type situations. I hear stories all of the time about how everything here takes longer and is more complicated than necessary-getting a drivers license or calling the cable guy, for example-but I have not had any of those experiences. I'm sorry. As soon as something crazy happens, which it most certainly will now that I've jinxed myself, I'll let you know.
This is a dumb joke, but doesn't it look like they spelled "avenue" wrong?
There may be a miraculous lack of red tape, but there is no lack of weird crap arriving in the mail. We received this notice about picking up a package at the nearest post office. Apparently the post office is on a street I've never seen before: Louisiana Avenew.

This guy wanted my finger BAD.
In other news, I found another, bigger, lizard in the guest room. Ironic that I keep finding unwanted guests that I have to kick out or kill in there. But, I caught the lizard to carry him outside and he freakin' BIT me! Like clamped down and held on for dear life. It didn't draw blood but it scared me pretty well. We took a picture of him, too.
Yes, it's still hot down here, in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. That bastard! And after you offered him hospitality and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you are living in NoLa, it will always be too hot... you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete