Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dolly Parton is a sucker

I only work 8 to noon. Yesterday I had to stay late, until 1:45. But it's awesome. There was a sign on the door that said, "Welcome Sam." Never in my life have I thought to do that for a new employee or intern, but it really helps break the ice and calm your nerves when you walk in there for the first time.

So I've already volunteered to work on Sunday at the Rock 'n' Roll Mardi Gras Marathon this weekend. I have to run up to people after the race and ask, "Why are you running today? How did it feel?, etc." I'm going to be the next Erin Andrews! Minus that keyhole incident.

What else? We just returned from Texas where it was colder than Pittsburgh and it actually looked like Pittsburgh with all the drunks stumbling around chanting "Here We Go." Here we didn't quite.

We took Buddy! to Petco last night for Pup Play where puppies learn to socialize and pee all over each other. It was awesome because Buddy! took off out of the gates like a champ and then immediately got overwhelmed by the big dogs and barricaded himself in the corner of the makeshift fence for 15 minutes. Some girl's shar pei slobbered all over my hand. And a Swedish (maybe?) guy sat in the middle of the area and surprise! got peed on by a schnauzer. Finally Buddy! stopped being the playground wuss and made friends with a weiner dog named "Lucky." Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment