Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Office 15?

So, um, let me be like, a 13-year-old girl right now and just say that I love love love my new job so far. It is so super fun! It fits everything I've been learning from school and from my past experience into one little box wrapped with an awesome bow!

But here's something I forgot about working in an office. The Mayor's office didn't really count because we barely ever even sat down when I worked with Ms. Toni. Speaking of the mayor, read his response to Newsweek naming New Orleans #1 Dying City: That Writer is Stupid.

Anyhoo, about working in an office. They want you to be fat. That is why the office manager keeps bringing in oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and why the graphic designer brought the cute little red velvet cupcakes her mom made last night. We all like to eat. But we all really like to eat when we are sitting at a desk trying to think "What am I going to write here? Maybe I'll try one of those brownies while I ponder it." Or "I really don't want to call that person back. I'll just eat another peanut butter ball instead."

It's chocolate city in this office this week thanks to Valentine's Day and I just ate my fifth dark chocolate truffle. This morning. We also have free sun chips in the back! Totally awesome! You can eat those while you wait for your documents to print!

In other news, I took the streetcar to work yesterday which nearly made me pass out with anxiety. I was so worried that I would be late and the car would not come or just stop working. Which happens more than you might think. Sometimes all it takes is some rain and they're like Sorry! Streetcar's shut down suckers!

The first one passed me as I was coming up the street toward St. Charles and I just could not get there in time. So I waited impatiently for 10 minutes trying not to panic for the next one. I was just about to hail a cab when the jolly trolley showed up. Only took 19 minutes to get to work! How's that for a commute on a rickety old shoebox on a track?

Buddy! update: Took him to Pup Play at Petco on Tuesday. He spent the whole time humping a weiner dog named Bebe. He's got fancy taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment