Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Controversial Holiday!

I personally like Valentine's Day. (I also liked the movie, but nobody else I know did). I think Elbow knows that I might burn the house down if he didn't get me flowers, so we got that department covered.

Last night our friend told a story of a past girlfriend who said she hated Valentine's Day but then he was in deep s*&t when he didn't get her anything. Uh, duh. We know you hate it and we pretend that we hate it. And we kinda do. But we still want grand surprises and expensive flower bouquets and overpriced dinners. Mostly prix fixe tonight of course.

We have a few house guests, too. B and her daughter are in the guest room until tomorrow. Since they got here Thursday we've done several fabulous things like the WW II Museum, appetizers at Cochon, dinner at Dante's Kitchen (one of my favorites so far), cheering on people at the Mardi Gras marathon, the dog park (Buddy!'s favorite), Bacchanal wine fiesta, and a 30th birthday party that was hilarious and fun (karaoke! sushi boat!).Speaking of sushi boats, our friend A. is staying with us in the makeshift guestroom/man room while he interviews. We really want him to move here, so we made up his futon extra nice.

School is hard and a tad tedious. Work is awesome. The weather is totally awesome (67 and sunny right now!). Tonight we'll go out as a group and make up stories for the couples around us. But right now I have to finish a paper on direct marketing: three offers for the miracle product, WonderBar. I wonder how many times I will accidentally type the word "WonderBra" instead.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm....i think i recognize this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah. It's happened to all of us. It's sorta like when I tell Elbow he doesn't have to get me anything for my birthday . . .

    ReplyDelete