Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's Raining, it's pouring . . .

. . . Life without full-time work can be boring!

I just returned from a walk with the Bud Man. Ten minutes in I turned to see a dark gray-purple sky but kept going and of course we got rained on. That is the summary of the most exciting part of my day so far.

Earlier, Buddy! was barking and I said, "That's enough! Buddy!, you are not the boss in this house. I am."And I just know that one of my neighbors had to be walking by outside and heard me. "There she goes, talking to her dog again. Crazy." Because our kitchen window from 1879 isn't really soundproof.

I actually do have some work to do, as I'm now an independent PR practitioner heading up the Making Strides Walk this year. And next week I'm working for my friend at the wonderful little boutique Haute. My job alert emails send me helpful notices for positions like "Production/Inspectors/Packers" and it's not like that doesn't sound interesting but I wonder how that job showed up from the keyword "writing."

I wanted to share this pic from mine and Elbow's honeymoon. After the very first winery we visited, we got back in the chauffeured car and chitchatted with the driver who personally knew the winery owners. Elbow takes my notebook, scrawls something in it and then slides it over the seat to me. And I'm like "Oh, a love note!" But it was this:

Note my response.

Bonus photo:
Ugh. The sit and reach is so hard.


2 comments: