Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

DIY dog grooming

Two big things happened recently that lead Elbow and I to shave Buddy!: I don't have a full-time job anymore and we got married.

Elbow is calling it a time of "austerity measures." What he means is that we will not pay the $60 to have the dog professionally groomed. Instead, we will do it ourselves on the back patio while it's 100 degrees outside and I'm wearing a pink party dress.

What happened is this. Elbow came home from work with clippers ($30). He said, "Bud Man, you're gonna get it." And I was all, "What's Bud Man gonna get?" Then I saw the clippers and I was all, "Oh Bud Man, you're gonna get it."

And of course I was showered and dressed for a birthday party that started in two hours. But I was needed to assist in the procedure. I tried to stay out of the mess but about half an hour into it, Buddy! completely freaked out and jumped into my lap and rubbed his loose fur-covered face all over me. 

Poor little Bud Man never saw it coming:

Furry

"Uh-oh"

"What the ???"

Fur Butt

"This blows"

Progress

My new fur suit. I'm sharing this horrible photo in the name of journalistic integrity.

Results: Not quite a sleek silhouette

Just like they do it at the dog spa
 You would think he'd be mad at us. But this morning he jumped around the house for two hours straight, like "Wheeee, I'm finally free of all that FUR!!!!"


2 comments:

  1. Hi – will you please post your Blog at The Dog Grooming Community ay vorts.com? Our members will love it. They include: Groomers, Breeders, Owners, etc.
    It's easy just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website… it’s a win win. You can also add Photos, Videos, Discussions and more.
    We are just getting started and could really use your help. It’s easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Dog Grooming Community: http://www.vorts.com/dog_grooming/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! This is one of the most interesting articles all about dog grooming.

    K9 Toronto

    ReplyDelete