Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bon Voyage trashcan!



Our friend JK is moving to NYC so tonight we are going on a Bon Voyage Streetcar bar crawl called "Sippin' in Seersucker." According to Nell Nolan of the Times-Picayune there is already an event with the same name during which really important people pay $75 or whatever to go hang out in Canal Place. That's almost the price of a movie there.

Yesterday thunderstorms caused the streets to turn into canals and scared the crap out of me and everyone else who is new or semi-new to this town and didn't realize you could leave your house in light rain and end up 15 minutes later up to your side mirror in water, sure you've ruined your car and hoping to God a live oak doesn't topple over on you. It took me longer to type that sentence than it did for the water to carry away this trash can:

Here it comes.

Cruisin'.

There it goes.

I snapped these pictures from my perch in Coliseum Square where I nearly tore my bumper off trying to reach once I remembered I was not driving a SUV. Nobody cares where you park when you're trying to get to higher ground in New Orleans. That's why this guy just pulled his little Fiat onto the walking path:

Is that Jennifer Lopez?!






How convenient.


The one bright spot of being marooned in the Garden District was watching this guy in pink shorts decide if he should really leave his girlfriend's car there. He walked away and then came back and stared at it hard. And then he walked away again all like "screw it. It's just a Fiat."
I of course took some pictures:
Take 1


So Pink Shorts walks away. He stops. He turns around and walks back to the car. He stares at it and then he walks away again:
Take 2

I learned a very important lesson. From now on I will always have in my car these items:
1. rain boots
2. slicker
3. whiskey
4. crossword puzzle
5. inner tube

No comments:

Post a Comment