Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Van Gogh or Picasso?

My friend A. and I drove all the way to Metairie two nights ago to do these totally awesome paintings:
Sorry. Not for sale.
I did the boats.

Basically these people sit you down in front of a canvas with a faint sketch on it. They display a finished version of your painting, give you a paper plate with the colors they think you'll need and give you a skinny brush and a fat brush. Then you go to town.
Imagination Required

We sorta thought there might be more instruction. When I asked someone working there where she thought I should start, she said "the outside," then the next lady to come by said I should have started with the blue inside. Whatever. The original actually used brown and orange for the water but I liked blue and green better.

We got to drink wine while we painted and I only dipped my paintbrush into my wine cup once!

When I got home, Elbow said my painting was "okay" or something like that instead of encouraging my new hobby. It's pretty sad since I was planning on creating paintings for all my family members for their birthdays this year.

2 comments:

  1. I think that your painting is lovely!! I'll accept one of your masterpieces for my birthday if the offer is out to friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jill!! I want one, too!! I need one for everyone room in my house... you game?

    ReplyDelete