Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Muses: Shoulder Stands and Shoes

Came in second at State 4 years in a row

Yep, I still got it. Here's me and M. after we executed a perfect shoulder climb. I used to do this all the time back in the college days. Only sober.

This time I did with thousands of screaming angry drunk people. Yes, angry. The parade on Thursday night known as Muses makes people angry. The ladies who ride (you gotta get the lingo down when you live in NoLa. Parades "roll." People in them "ride" and people on the ground catch "throws.") decorate all these sparkly feathery and pretty much horrendous shoes and then are very choosy about to whom they throw.

The crowd's reaction is to push and shove anyone who gets in their way to grovel to the Muses ladies for a shoe they can put on their mantle and brag to their friends about it. Do I sound bitter? Maybe because I didn't get a damn shoe and I put a 27-year-old on my shoulders! C'mon!

After the parades, where we drank daiquiris (thanks K&J), Crown (M only) and Fosters (me- the oil can was only $5), we went back to The Amelia and ate Popeyes and then I walked 15 blocks home. Is this why I didn't remember to put the little plastic coffee filter holder in the coffee pot this morning? There was coffee all over the counter, on the cabinets and the floor.

Here's some more pics. After the weekend I'll have lots more. Stay tuned. I hope everyone in other cities is enjoying being able to drive freely through your neighborhoods. We lost that privilege 2 days ago.
Setting up their spots and using the kids as place holders
Has anyone seen the movie Drop Dead Gorgeous? There's a parade with a giant swan and it blows up and kills Denise Richards.

No comments:

Post a Comment