Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Carnival Season A-GAIN

I've eaten 17 pieces of king cake in three weeks. I found the baby twice. My favorite cake is from PJ's Coffee. The favorite of my office so far is the expensive-a*# one from Il Posto, which is really from La Boulangerie. Hint: It's $6 cheaper if you buy it from La Boulangerie.

Yesterday we took Buddy! to watch the Krewe of Barkus, where he caught a giant stuffed banana. Elbow and I caught some cups, but none of the novelty plastic poo that I really want.

And the little Bud-man was so tired after the parade, he slept from 6 pm to 6 am straight through. Here's a picture of the possessed (it's in the eyes) dog in his too-small turtle costume pre-gaming for the parade:
This party-goer needs a Bloody Mary STAT
 Our friends had a swanky engagement party for us. Here's a picture of the mini-cake. Look, I'm possessed, too:
5 seconds from smashing my face into this cake
This week we have lots more parades and lots more parties. Some of my girlfriends are going as festival queens, but I think my costume this Mardi Gras day is going to be "woman hiding in living room eating cake and watching Emma Stone chick flicks." Elbow is going as "Whatever Woman, I'm going out."

No comments:

Post a Comment