Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Timing is Everything

Today I opened the door of Avenue Cafe directly into the head of a blond toddler. I was like, what is this hard object that is coming between me and a turkey BLT (TLT?)? Before I could give the door another good heave-ho, the kid started wailing and I immediately felt like a child abuser. I didn't know! Why was he taking a nap in front of the opaque wooden door?

I apologized profusely and the mother ignored me while she tended to her little darling. But it ended up being fine. Just bad timing.

Which brings me to my 6:30 a.m. discovery: A tree has fallen on our new house. I'm being dramatic. The branch is actually straddling the property line between our yard and the neighbor's. It took out a large chunk of their brick wall, which is now strewn over our grass.

This is a matter of good timing, though, because we don't move in until next week. The former owners are "leasing" from us (for free) until the 12th. So the jerks better get that mess cleaned up by next Wednesday or we're crackin' skulls and not inviting them to barbecue. Just kidding! (No I'm really not.)

And here's my final point about timing: it's TIME for me to get a stupid i-Phone. I need to take pictures of things like fallen trees and you can't do that with a $30 GO phone. FYI, the GO phone is awesome for traveling. You only have to charge it every fifth night. But it does not take pictures. And it doesn't pull up google maps or Facebook or angry birds or whatever it is everyone plays. Elbow gets these messages that pop up on his i-Pad that say something like "The dark tower on the ninth floor is ready for summer inventory" which is apparently related to a game that he play for six hours straight at work.

I am missing out!

1 comment:

  1. Get an android device. They are far more customizable and made for more for more of someone with artistic talents such as yourself. But... iphones are easier , take better pictures its just that they cost more . my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete