Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm a walking cliche

Since deciding I would move to New Orleans, I've kept all of my job search correspondence through one email address. The other day I counted how many job search inquiries and applications I have sent. The total: 50+ And that does not include the annoying ones where you apply through their online system and then have to remember your password and user name.
So, today I applied for grad school. I am now part of the masses that are "turning to higher education in response to a down job market." In addition to the "living off my doctor boyfriend" cliche, here comes the "going back to school as an adult to sharpen my skills and gain a competitive edge" cliche.
One amusing effect of my attending grad school (if all goes as planned) is that I will actually have a WVU diploma to go with all of my WVU gear. The program is called Integrated Marketing Communications and is part of the Journalism school. It is 100% online. Go here if you are interested: http://imc.wvu.edu.
Just FYI, Chuck Hussion, also known as the Voice of the Palladins, is very proud of his IMC degree.
Anyhoo, I'm off to the park. I'm not taking my camera so something ridiculous is bound to happen. Yesterday, scattered groups of Texans were handing out free bottled water, "blessing us with the gift of water." I asked why and a little girl shouted, "We're Jesus Freaks!" and gave a fist pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment