Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Where have you been? It's been so long!

Two months and 8 days, but I'm not that great at counting so who knows?

Tomorrow I'll have some totally awesome pictures for you, including: The Harlem Globetrotters, Dorothy (s) and Toto, some weddings and a sliver of my new office desk. Woo-hoo.

Here is why I have not been writing. I used to roll my eyes when people told me how busy they were. They were too busy to check email or too busy to workout. But then I'd see them drunk on a Saturday afternoon at like 3 p.m. Maybe you could have fit in a little run around the block this afternoon, no? The excuse I hated the most was "I was studying for the Bar exam." So then you cut yourself off from the rest of the world and could not return a phone call or attend one meeting once in two weeks?

I'm a little rusty on the blog-writing thing. Stay with me. But now I understand. I am wrapping up the nine most busy weeks of my life and I finally understand what it feels like to have no time to check your email or facebook or twitter or write in your little Nola blog. We've traveled almost every weekend since March. I started working full time (Yay!) but have not made time to go out to celebrate (Boo!).  I took too many classes this term. I also am now chair of a fundraiser (I'm such a yuppie).

But these classes are almost over and we only have one more trip to take. And I'm happy to be alive and all that in the BEST city in the nation. So look out, I'm gonna be spamming up your facebook feed again! Samlivesinnola is back. Which reminds me, did you hear that Ah-nald and Maria Shriver are splitting up? I bet he starts dating Kim Kardashian next.

No comments:

Post a Comment